Wednesday, February 13, 2013

5 down...1 to go!!

I wrote this post earlier this week then forgot to post...as usual. I'm going to blame chemo brain!!

Thursday (the 7th) I had my FIFTH chemo treatment. Just like my doctor said I am more angry/annoyed then happy. The nausea seemed to be a little less this time (or I controlled it better) but now I'm experiencing insomnia which is totally new. I know its a side effect of my steroid but my steroid is totally out of my system now. I'm not sure whats going on. My stomach is still confused but I'm learning how to deal with that much better. Maybe by next round I'll have it down!

I was so happy to have my friend Kelly come with me to my chemo treatment. I know its a boring 4 hours but its great to have friends/family there to entertain you! It was also bittersweet because my 2 chemo friends had their final treatment. But we exchanged information and have pending plans for a girls dinner/drinks after they have their surgery in March. I'm so excited. The oncologists office should be studied as a science experiment  Unlike other doctors offices people talk to each other in the waiting area and share really personal information. I guess because we're all there for the same reason. And sometimes, the people who you sit by at chemo become your friends.

I am totally excited that I only have ONE MORE CHEMO!! Before last round and this coming round every time I think about chemo I get a little nauseous. I think I just know that's how I'll feel so my stomach just prepares itself for it.

Between round 4 and 5 we through our beautiful daughter her third birthday party! It was so much fun! She goes to an awesome daycare and has made such great friends, some of those who have turned into our great friends. We had about 16 kids painting and making fruit loop necklaces. I also some how made this rainbow cake which I'm so proud of! I'm not sure I've ever really made a cake before. It was very easy. I found this link because I knew I wanted to use box cake instead of trying to make it myself. The best advice was to freeze each layer over night to make frosting easier.


We also watched Mackenzie's 2nd ballet recital. Thankfully she participated in this one! She is such a cute ballerina!

I can't wait for this next round to be finished. I'm so looking forward to March and having NO treatments at all. Then April will be filled with stupid daily radiation treatments and then hopefully finished!

Yesterday, I was feeling a little down and sad for myself (probably lack of sleep) and then I got a great package in the mail from Fighting Fancy. It is an amazing bag with make up, nail polish, mouthwash, a tshirt, note cards, lotion, shampoo, a Hallmark card from Heather who runs the charity and the cutest art work from a 10 year old. It had the most perfect timing.


Since I was diagnosed I have been trying to come up with a way to pay it forward when this is all done and it's starting to come together in my head. I know for sure it will involve a blood drive (so get your veins ready) but I also wanted a way to give back to the charities that gave to me. It will hopefully be in July (my diagnosis anniversary date). We know I love to throw a good party so you've been warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment