Wednesday, November 14, 2012

One good egg

Tuesday I went for my egg retrieval. The process of it went very well but the retrieval itself was poor. Some how after 8 days of injections (most days the injections were twice a day) they only could get one egg. I'll spare you all the details of what I think happened because I know my body so well but I'm looking forward to talking to the doctor tomorrow when he calls. I immediately burst into hysterics when the doctor told me he only got one egg after the procedure but now I'm more angry than anything else. Right now I'm feeling like I want to find a surrogate immediately and see what happens. I don't want to hold on to it for 5 years to see if we can make a baby with it.

This whole fertility thing is looking more and more like a scam everyday. I know it helps so many people but it's like a factory. People came from the Eastern Shore and Ocean City when I was there Tuesday. I thought my drive to Rockville was far but the Eastern Shore couple left at 3 am! I guess I'm just feeling bitter. I need the doctor how this could go SO wrong for someone who doesn't have a fertility problem. It just costs SO much (even with my cancer discount) and that was my only shot. I don't have another month to try again. Can you imagine if they didn't get any?

Chemo starts tomorrow. I bought sandwich stuff to bring sandwiches tomorrow for lunch plus all my special chemo things like sensodyne toothpaste and biotene mouthwash and unscented lotion and more hand sanitizer. I have my blanket that Michele's mom hand made for me packed and I'm bringing my iPad and I'm sure George will bring his kindle. We'll pack our lunch and some snacks since I'll be there for about 6 hours starting at 10:15. They have a fridge full of drinks for chemo patients so I think we'll be all set. Maybe I'll even get a nap in!

I'm not really nervous about tomorrows appointment but I'm a little anxious about how I'll feel the days after. I'm a little nervous about using my port. They gave me a numbing lotion to put on it before I go but the port still is so gross to me. It actually feels better since my mom nicely pulled the steri-strips off for me on Monday (thanks Mom!). But the thought of walking around with an iv coming out of my chest is gross!

I don't usually ask for any help but I set up an account with Meal Train which is a website that friends can sign up for days to bring us meals. If you have time and can bring us something we would really appreciate it. I added dates that I know I'll chemo and the 2 days after. I don't know how I'll feel or if I'll want to eat but I know George and Mackenzie still need to eat! Let me knowing you're interested and I'll forward you the link. It has my address attached so I don't want to give it out on here (not that I think I'll have crazy cancer stackers but still!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment