Thursday, June 13, 2013

Last Radiation

The day I have been waiting for FINALLY came. My VERY last radiation. I felt like when I left they would say "okay see you tomorrow" like they do everyday and I would have to keep going....forever. I had 36 radiation treatments over almost 2 months but it felt like its been years of this. Sadly the end of radiation was as anticlimactic as the end of chemo. I wanted pomp and circumstance. So I created myself. Again.


They wouldn't let me take a picture with the machine which is what I really wanted but that's okay. I'm just so happy to be finished!! Although I have been feeling EXHAUSTED. Which is what I was supposed to feel when I was going through treatment. I think part of it is my body relaxing since I'm not constantly driving back and forth and worrying about scheduling and being on time and finishing my actual work everyday. 

So I'm still waiting for someone to use the word remission. I go back to my radiation oncologist in the middle of July. Hopefully he'll share that word with me. 

Here is my hair! 


You can REALLY see it! I'm still not sure what color its going to be. Hopefully RED! I'm ready to start wearing it like this to work. Except that I'm so not. I'm not sure why. I feel like I need to get it like shaped up a little bit. Its longer in the back by my neck than in other parts. And I have random longer hairs all over my head. Not sure why all your hairs don't grow at the same rate!

So now I'm just anticipating my appointment with my radiation oncologist and then right after that is my diagnosis anniversary. I cannot believe I have been dealing with this for almost an entire year. No wonder I'm so tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment