Monday, May 27, 2013

6 more treatments

Tomorrow I continue with my "boost" of radiation. When I went for my first boost on Thursday it took a little while to set it all up. There is a very concentrated area around my mastectomy scar that they are focusing on. There is a cone that comes out of the machine that holds a little metal piece with the shape around my scar. They also drew on me with the same shape so they can line it up. Unfortunately for them, my skin is peeling and their sharpie peeled off this weekend. The boost treatment is much faster then the regular treatment. Its about a 20 second burst of radiation and that's it. Before it was that 5 times.

I am really glad that I have been blogging about everything...the good and the bad. I would NEVER believe today how bad my skin looked the last 2 weeks because my skin is so much better now. I forgot all about my drains and after my mastectomy and chemo. Although every time I think about chemo I get a little nauseous.

I am SO excited to get radiation done. It is such a pain in the ass to go to everyday. When I got there on Friday they told me they were running 45 minutes late so I left and came back later. I think they forget that we are still working people who have lives. Even if I wasn't working, who wants to sit in a waiting room for 45 extra minutes?

I started to not wear anything on my head when I go out, except to work. I still wear my hair to work. But I forget that I have SUPER short hair and then I wonder why some people keep looking at me. Its so normal to me that I look like this. I know if I saw someone with super short hair like mine that I would probably look at them and wonder too. I still can't really tell what color it is. The top looks lighter than the sides. I think just because it stands up and the sides lay flat.

last chemo: 2/28, pic taken 5/25- 3 month hair growth

This weekend we worked on changing Mackenzie's room to a big girl room. Her crib converts to a full size bed so we bought her a bed on Saturday and it was delivered today. Last night as we were putting the frame together and cleaning the rest of her room out I got so emotional. I was always expecting to put another baby in that room and never thought we would be using that full bed so soon. I have been spending the last 3+ years figuring out how to put 2 kids in that room room in my head and now there's no room for another baby. Its been the hardest pill to swallow. BUT the child that I have is SO ridiculously happy with her new room and is so excited to be a "big girl". Tonight is the first night in her big bed and it took awhile but she is finally sleeping pretty! I'm sure Bailey doesn't mind it either!



We also took Mackenzie to her first movie in the theater on Saturday. We saw Epic. She LOVED it! She got her own little popcorn, fruit snacks and drink. She sat still for the entire movie! I was very impressed. Next up will be the new Monsters, Inc. movie comes out in the end of June! 


Next Tuesday is FINALLY my last treatment! I am SOOOOOOOOO excited! 



No comments:

Post a Comment