Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cancer-Day 2

I'm so glad that I decided to tell people about my cancer. I feel SO supported...it was overwhelming to have so many messages flooding in. Thank you all so much! I'm really glad I went back to work today and got back in the swing of things. Its nice to work and not have to think about whats coming.

After work we went to Barnes and Noble. I went to look for cancer books and George and Mackenzie went to play with the trains. Someone had a terrible idea to put the pregnancy books next to the cancer books. How mean! Sometimes that's the most depressing thing to me...I can't get pregnant for at least another year best case scenario. The good part is that I get at least a year to lose all that weight I was supposed to lose in the last 2.5 years!


Also how crazy is it that there is an ENTIRE wall for dogs and cats and pets and cancer gets about 10 books. This is what happened when Mackenzie was born; I found one book about premature babies and hundreds of books about babies born on time.



(You can buy a book to test your dog IQ too...but I'm sure there's a reason its only $7)
I'm also thinking about starting yoga. I've never done it before but I know its supposed to be relaxing and it's exercise. Win/win! I just quit Fitness First after about 2 years of not going. I just don't feel like working out after a full day of work, making dinner and taking care of Mackenzie. But I think something like yoga would really help during cancer treatments.

The emotional toll of waiting for test results and even waiting for my mammogram appointment was much worse for me than actually finding out it was actually cancer. And surprisingly I've been sleeping pretty good- I just need to go to bed earlier. It feels like when you're first pregnant and you know you're pregnant but you aren't showing yet and you can't feel the baby move. You know the baby is there but you can't feel it in there.

I'm looking forward to my appointment this Thursday; at least I'll get some more answers. The genetics test results will probably give the most answers in terms of what surgery would be best for me. I took the cover off my phone tonight (or it fell off...its the only thing thats kept my phone from exploding from the 67 times I've dropped it on the floor). This is a picture of the inside of the case. Kate Spade really knows me!

3 comments:

  1. Love that cover. That would have made me feel like the world was sending me a message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. That picture of the cover gave me chills

    Now put it back on before you drop and break your phone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the words of Stuart Scott, "To me, it's like a football game. I'm facing this, this wants to win. You can try, but I'm just gonna come harder than you. I'm gonna come harder than you all day long."

    ReplyDelete