Monday, July 23, 2012

Waiting/maybe I was accidently told

Its my late day to work today (12pm-830pm) and I kept hitting my snooze. Around 945am my primary doctors office called and the nurse practitioner I originally saw 2 weeks ago was calling to check on me. I told her I was okay and just waiting for the pathology report to come back. She told me she was sorry, she was shocked at the direction this was going (she told me 7/11 that she thought it was a cyst). I thanked her for finding it and sending me to those appointments because what if she hadn't! Then she told me that her office wouldn't be treating me but they would get all the reports and I would see the surgeon and oncologist and blah blah breast cancer. So we hung up and then I called the surgeons office.

The receptionist told me that the report wasn't in my file and that they doctor would call me TOMORROW with the results. I started crying "are you kidding? I'm waiting to hear if I have cancer and no one can talk to me today?". Then she decided she could email the surgeon to call me. Oh wow thanks! HI You work in a breast surgeons office...I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time a crazy lady has called to request results. UGH.

Then I called back my primary care doctor to see if she really did have the pathology report or she was just assuming (like I am) that I have cancer. The super nice receptionist took my information and told me the nurse practitioner would call me back. Why don't people realize how terrible this is to have to WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment