Sunday, July 28, 2013

I don't have cancer

Its kind of weird to think that I don't have cancer anymore. Not that I miss it. I don't. But I'm not totally used to being in remission yet. The only thing that kind of bothers me is my hair still. It looks like I just wanted to have short hair. I don't. I have never wanted short hair. My favorite thing about me was my long red hair. And now its short and brown. But I want people to know why its short. I went through a lot and I earned the little hair I have on my head. But I also don't want to have to wear a survivor badge everyday either. 

I'm getting anxious about this fundraiser!! I'm really excited too. Just thinking that I can give enough money so someone could have 1 Fighting Fancy bag and 1 IIIB's basket would be amazing. I can't wait to see how much money we raise for this! Again if you'd like to donate you can donate {HERE}. All the money raised will go to Fighting Fancy or The III B's Foundation. Mostly I'd love for you to try to make it. It should be a lot of fun and there will be some awesome raffle prizes for you to win! Not to mention good friends and food!!! 

After this fundraiser it will be about 4 weeks until we get to go to my HAPPY PLACE. This vacation cannot come soon enough!! I don't think I have ever deserved a vacation more in my entire life! Plus this year I won't have to come home and immediately go into a 7 hour surgery followed by all the rest of it. I can just go to the beach, relax and enjoy and come home to regular life. It will be amazing!! 

I still can't believe everything I was going through this time last year. I am so glad that I have blogged this experience because its easy to pretend that it wasn't as hard as it really was. If you asked me how I felt the days right after my diagnosis I would tell you that I probably felt fine. I'm not sure if that's true. I know I went right back to work but I don't really remember how I felt emotionally. Probably a little numb. And of course upset. Getting cancer is life changing news. But its been fun the last 11 days or so to live a "normal life". Work, friends, swim classes, the park, ect. 

George and I will be starting out third week of Shaun T's Focus T25. It's been going fair. Its really hard but its nice that there is a calendar to tell us what to do on each day and there is a facebook group so we are all accountable! That's been the best part. Having a group of friends all pushing each other to do this everyday, especially the days you really don't want to (like Friday....2 videos...abs AND legs...no fair!). I am excited to start seeing some awesome results and to get stronger and stronger!!

No comments:

Post a Comment