Monday, August 13, 2012

Cancer Free Weekend

We had a great weekend. Totally cancer free! And by that I mean, I totally forgot about it...for the most part. Friday after work we took our little butterfly face painted baby to Tyson's to ride the train and play at the playground and have dinner (and do a little shopping of course). It was a lot of fun! We love going to Tyson's and it always wears us all out!

Butterfly riding the train
Saturday we went to swim class and then to Target. After lunch the 3 of us had a nap. That NEVER happens. But it was so wonderful! After our nap we took Bailey to the dog park. Mackenzie was in HEAVEN with all the dogs...and of course Bailey was too!

Sunday we took Mackenzie to the Arlington County Fair and she rode her first horse pony! I wasn't sure if she would like it or not but she LOVED it! We rode some rides and ate some fair food. After the fair, we spent some time with and ate dinner with my family at my parents house. Wonderful end to a family filled weekend.

Mackenzie and "Mike" the pony.

Most weekends are very busy and go by so fast and we don't really get to enjoy what we are doing or who we are with. This weekend was so much fun and it was mostly just the 3 of us which almost never happens.

This week I'm looking forward to my appointment tomorrow at the plastic surgeons office (and maybe get a freaking surgery date) and making an appointment with the fertility doctors. I need to know all of my options and I don't want to make a rash decisions because I'm upset about having cancer.

I just spent the last hour or so looking for support groups. I think I'm finally ready to start talking to people who are going through this now and understand exactly how I'm feeling right now. I really want to talk to people in my age range who are facing the same issues I am facing (fertility, chemo, mastectomy, ect). I'm excited to find a good group for me and get it started! 

No comments:

Post a Comment